THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Experience with Taxidermy Africa - Eastern Cape

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Experience with Taxidermy Africa - Eastern Cape
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Anders
posted
I`ll might use Taxidermy Africa if I`ll hunt EC in 2006. They have a great web site with a gallery that seems good, but can anyone provide me with realhand information..?
Thanks

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had some work done by them a couple years ago. Specifically they did a life size Vaal Rhebok, a Zebra Rug, a Black Wildebeest shoulder mount, a Red Hartebeest shoulder mount, a Black Springbok shoulder mount, a Warthog shoulder mount and a Cape Bushbuck shoulder mount. The work was very, very good.

They were recommended to me by Frank Bowker who is one of RSA's pioneers of the safari industry. Taxidermy Africa does all of Frank's personal taxidrmy for his guest lodge. I figured if they were good enough for him, they would be good enough for me. I was more than satisfied. Besides, Roland and Cathy Peacock are really nice people and will keep you posted via e-mail as to the status of your trophies if you want.

In short, I recommend them highly.

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
we were there in 2003 and had 38 animals done for our party. we visited many t-shops and were going to ship them home to the US, then we visted the peacocks, great work and a great price. we had them all done there and they are now in our houses. very professional great work and we would all do it again. jeff

one of us
posted Hide Post
My brother and I used Taxidermy Africa after our 2004 hunt in South Africa with the Price brothers. They recommended Taxidermy Africa highly. We had a total of about 25 mounts done. they were very, very well done. They were done in a timely manner, very well crated and they kept in touch with us as to the progress etc. I can recommend them highly.

Posts: 790 | Location: La Luz, New Mexico USA | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brian simmons
posted Hide Post
i had my work done in 2004 by them and the work was top knotch

brian r simmons

Posts: 186 | Location: nj | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Anders,

As another option, I just received my taxidermy from Safari taxidermy in Pietersburg. I posted a report with pictures on the Africa Hunting forum Safari Taxidermy. I think you'll see the quality of the work was great.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SnakeLover
posted Hide Post
Used them in 2004 for skulls and capes. Peacock's run a good business, offer quick shipment and regular communication throughout. While I use my taxidermist here in the US, were I going to use one in RSA, they would be the ones chosen.

Brad

Posts: 472 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote