THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Taxidermist - Jacksonville Florida Area

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taxidermist - Jacksonville Florida Area
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted
We just moved to Jacksonville, Florida and I need to locate a local taxidermist.

My need involves some restoration work. I have a caribou I shot nearly 40 years ago, and the antlers are badly in need of re-staining.

Multiple moves, both in the Army and after retirement, have taken their toll.

Would appreciate any recommendations--thanks!

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1550 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are some very very good ones about two-three hours away depending on which side you live one. C.E. Reed in Bushnell and John Pyles in Orlando. They do mostly African work for high end clients around FL. There may be someone up in Jax but I know a bunch of folks who use these (including myself)
Both are outstanding.

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use John Pyles. His work is indeed good.

I have had a guy from Jacksonville mount several deer. His work is good. If I recall correctly, his name is Dennis Bragg.

Posts: 12019 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
Dennis Bragg is a very good taxidermist, you won't go wrong with him.

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2009 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bwananelson
posted Hide Post
john pyles

DRSS,SCI.
ZOLI 9.3X74R (2)
Zoli 450 400 NE
Merkel 470 NE
V-C 600 NE
VICTOR SARASQUETA 375

Posts: 351 | Location: deltona florida | Registered: 09 March 2009Reply With Quote