THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Cougar back from the taxidermist

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cougar back from the taxidermist
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This was the third big tom that I'd taken in Alberta with Tracks N Trails Outfitting, and also the third lion that Phil Soucy has mounted for me. I cannot say enough about the quality of Phil's work! He is truly "The Cat Man". It would be very hard for me to trust anyone else with a cat. I hope to be sending him a leopard in the coming years.

Here's a before pic...

One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
WOW! shocker that is a BIG cat! nicely mounted, too! tu2

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful cat and mount, good luck on your future leopard.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

~Ann

Posts: 19234 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
When I first looked at the mounted cat, I thought, There is no way that cat's neck was that big.

After seeing your before picture, I see I was wrong.

Great Mtn Lion and a beautiful/accurate mount! Congratulations on both.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A very handsome cat and excellent mount.
We have quite a few here but they are almost never seen and all the hunting of them is done with dogs over snow.
Congratulations !

Posts: 801 | Location: Pinedale WY USA & Key West FL USA | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Love phils cats. I have two leopards at his place ready to be shipped home to Sweden.

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
His work is amazing, and you shot nice mt lion.

Waidmannsheil, and I am sure you will enjoy him forever.

What does he charge for a mount like that?

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
Just checked out Phil's website.

His work is amazing. I'll continue to have my brother in law do my hooved animals, but I'd send bears and cats to him if I wanted lifesize work done.

Best taxidermy work I have seen.

He's expensive, but his quality is leaps and bounds above anyone else.

Amazing!

Kind of speachless for once.

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
GREAT cat and a great mount!

Congrats!

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
That cat sure didn't miss a meal!

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Very Nice.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the kind words. If anyone is really interested in taking a giant cougar, I can't recommend anyone higher than Byron Stewart http://www.tntoutfitting.com/. There are very few outfits that consistently put their clients on giant cats as he does.

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
That cat is a TOAD! Very fine mount as well.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7541 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great looking mount.

Posts: 43 | Location: Central Arkansas | Registered: 18 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is awesome.

Well done on getting it and the beautiful mount.

Previously 500N with many thousands of posts !

Posts: 1815 | Location: Australia | Registered: 16 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice cat and excellent taxidermy.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nicely done-congratulations! I can stare at that mount for all my life and say to myself,look what I accomplished!

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice cat.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote