New
Find
Notify
Tools

ostrich mount - ideas?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My son took an ostrich in Zim and I would like to have it mounted for him. Any ideas on poses, etc? I can't say that I have ever seen one mounted.
Bill

Posts: 1089 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shehuntz
posted Hide Post
Male?
I would think a courtship dance would be visually nice. (wings out, puffed chest, head lowered & prancing feet)???

Animal Art Taxidermy.

Posts: 227 | Location: Australia. | Registered: 23 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out some of the taxidermy supply co on line, they have forms to look at example: http://www.mckenzietaxidermy.com

Rich

Wildlife Taxidermy by Richard G. Santomauro
1732 Hgy #71
Wall NJ 07719
phone 732-449-5950
http://www.rgswildlifetaxidermy.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses. Let me clarify. I'd rather not due a full life size mount. Something along the lines of a wall / shoulder mount, but for an ostrich. How do you display the wings with just the chest coming out from the wall?

Bill

Posts: 1089 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have seen sort of a shoulder mount that sits against the wall with the wings out. It was in RSA but I dont remember which taxidermist did it. I will see if I can find a picture and some info for you.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Mike, wings spread(like a turkey tail)with a shounlder mount on top.

-----------------------------------------------

Safari Taxidermy by:John Baker
www.safaritaxidermy.com

Posts: 278 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas , USA | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote