THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    How to fix a broken ear Pictures added

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to fix a broken ear Pictures added
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted
OK got in a hurry was driving a nail into the stud next to my whitetail head. It fell and broke the ear across the middle. I think with a touch of care and time I can get it back in in place. What would be the best clue? I see 2 issues one the cartilage or form and second is a flap of skin.

Just a basic TX hill country whitetail. If it was a nice head I would be taking it someplace.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
Email me some pictures. Huftax@sbcglobal.net and I'll walk you throughout it

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2013 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Here are 3 pictures. The ear cartridge or form is broken and hide across the back. The hide is also thorn on the front both sides.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
25 years ago I repaired an almost identical broken ear on a 30 year old brushback mount( done by Jonas Brothers in the 1950's) with super glue. The hair covered the break and it still looks perfect today

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13429 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote