THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Brown Bear Rug has ARRIVED!!!!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brown Bear Rug has ARRIVED!!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted
In May 2012 I hunted with AKShooter for Brown Bear. Well, yesterday the rug arrived! The work was done by our very own Mary Hilliard-Krueger, and boy did she do an outstanding job!!!!!!

Here is a photo of the rug in my great room:

Here is a video of my youngest son, Shane, seeing it for the first time! Needless-to-say, he's going to be a great hunter! That soon-to-be two year old wasn't afraid of it on bit!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I had a very nice black bear rug once. Then kids came along and the ears on the rug were toys I guess. Never understood that but needless to say it is tucked in the corner now. Good luck with your youngster and a rug on the ground. Been there; done that. Did not turn out well.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
beautifull ,congratulations .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6381 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Nice, something your son & his son will treasure too.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did one of the kids say "Big dog"? That's freakin' hilarious!

Great rug. I need to do more bear hunting.

SCI Life Member
DRSS

"In those savage countries success frequently depends upon one particular moment; you may lose or win according to your action at that critical instant."

Sir Samuel Baker

Posts: 297 | Location: New Scotland, Canada | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
if there is a rug maker better than Mary, i would like to see the work. the job she( and help from her husband Chris) on my croc rug was absolutely stunning. and it involved a huge amount of hand stitching on a very tough hide. many people don't know it but a lot of taxidermist don't make rugs. they simply collect the hides, send them to Mary on a wholesale basis and charge the customer as if they did the work!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13389 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Congratulations.

My BC black bear rug arrived when my youngest was 6. He still had great fun with it.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11183 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote