Find
Notify
Tools

Unique Zebra mount
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted
I haven't seen a zebra or any other shoulder mount done this way.
I think it is an excellent display.

https://www.proxibid.com/Art-A...Information/73234744

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also like it. And, that is quality work.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2013 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Nope……..

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Yeah not a fan

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7972 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bisonhunter1
posted Hide Post
I like that look, so much in fact I two mounted that way, BUT mine are on a piece of wood in the shape of the African continent with about an inch of the wood visible around the edges of the entire mount. All the folks who have seen mine are very impressed with the mount. I also have a copper springbuck and a blesbok mounted in similar fashion with the heads facing out so both horns are visible. The size of the wood shields is scaled down to fit the smaller sizes of these animals.

Posts: 576 | Location: Post Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bisonhunter1:
I like that look, so much in fact I two mounted that way, BUT mine are on a piece of wood in the shape of the African continent with about an inch of the wood visible around the edges of the entire mount. All the folks who have seen mine are very impressed with the mount. I also have a copper springbuck and a blesbok mounted in similar fashion with the heads facing out so both horns are visible. The size of the wood shields is scaled down to fit the smaller sizes of these animals.

Like this?

Posts: 748 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
That just shows you how important immediate game care is after the kill. In Africa, during the hotter times of the year, you must process your trophies quickly - before they MELT!

Posts: 2504 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bisonhunter1
posted Hide Post
GD 64

Yes, that's the idea. The taxidermist that did mine was also my PH during my 2016 and 2021 hunts in South Africa and the wood backer is of some unique African wood that his cabinet maker does for him, its somewhat darker than the piece yours shows. Really cool way to mount some animals. If I was more picture savy, I post some of mine. Mine also have the head mounted more upright than what urs shows.

Posts: 576 | Location: Post Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this style of mount has been around for at least 10 years now. Many different styles have followed the orginal. I just cant post picture on here so can show mine.

I just saw a kings wildebeast mount like this and loved it.

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote