New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cape Buffalo Leather
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Interested in any uses for the leather that I had left over from my shoulder mount on my Cape Buffalo. It turned out to be a little thinner than I had thought it would be. Any advice on how to utilize it and where?

Posts: 309 | Location: WV | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It depends upon how much leather you have. You might be able to have someone make you some belts, wallets, a holster, maybe some shoes/moccasins/slippers.

You could have something sexy made for your significant other?

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have a look in the Classified forum for Will.
He makes some very nice products with Elephant leather. I own a wallet and belt made by Will.
Perhaps he can work with your Buffalo leather, or point you in the right direction

Posts: 132 | Location: Fort Nelson, BC | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Watch straps!

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 64rcs
posted Hide Post
I had my Cape Buff back skin tanned dark grey and am planning to cut it out in the shape of Africa and hang it on the wall. When I have the money I would like the map of Africa air brushed on it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If i ever shoot a cape buffalo the skin will cover the desktop of a classic, old, restored mahogany (or walnut)desk.

D.V.M.

Posts: 179 | Location: Italy | Registered: 02 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rob,

Like you, I've been disappointed in my cape buff leather. It's like leather jacket stuff, not belt leather or leather for cartridge slides, etc.

I'm thinking of using it for cushions on top of my elephant footstools.

Posts: 10363 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Send it to Ralph at Russell Moccasin Co. He has made PH boots for me from my own Buffalo and Elephant. Next week I'll be sending him some Hippo leather. He also has someone nearby who makes belts. Good luck!

http://www.russellmoccasin.com/your-hides/

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1706 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
+2 on Russell. Had a set of PH's and Kalahari PH's made from my buff leather and have enjoyed them over the years.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote