Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cape Buffalo euro mounts
 Login/Join

posted
Finished up an idea of mine recently. I think it turned out well. Still waiting on a few more to show up to complete it.

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

Posts: 4883 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of HendrikNZ
posted Hide Post
very nice

Posts: 356 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 11 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup.

SCI Life Member
DRSS

"In those savage countries success frequently depends upon one particular moment; you may lose or win according to your action at that critical instant."

Sir Samuel Baker

Posts: 297 | Location: New Scotland, Canada | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Added one head.

One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
I like this display...Very nice!

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matt u:
I like this display...Very nice!

Ditto.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I had been toying with the same type of display from a ground pedestal. Now i know what it would look like. Thanks

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like it!
Well done tu2

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have you got a photo of that from 45 degrees or so? I like the look of it. Do you think it might look better if it was a bit taller so that the skulls on top don't block the ones underneath?

SCI Life Member
DRSS

"In those savage countries success frequently depends upon one particular moment; you may lose or win according to your action at that critical instant."

Sir Samuel Baker

Posts: 297 | Location: New Scotland, Canada | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very cool idea!

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2093 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post

I didn't want to make it any bigger than it was due to weight.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like it. Mind if I steal it?

Posts: 10352 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Have at it. It a simple design, but i had never seen anything like it before. Just a little bit of trial and error until I figured out the angles and spacing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perfect timing, I was wondering what to do with seven buffalo skulls. And three musk-ox.

I'm thinking I'll extend the backboard all the way to the floor to make it load bearing, and lag bolt it to the wall. One or two of the skulls can hide the bolt heads.

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post

I built a box to allow the rearward sweep of the horns to clear the wall. The box is attached to the wall with cleats cut at opposing 45s at the top and in the middle of the box. The box cleats are attached using pocket screws, and the wall cleats are screwed into a stud with three long screws each. The heads are drilled out to accept a length of all thread.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A stack of buff skulls would be impressive and I've quit requesting capes until I get something really incredible. Your idea is incredible and impressive.

Posts: 10352 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike: Great idea and set up! tu2 Thanks for sharing it with us! I too, was wondering what I could do with my european cape buffalo skull mounts. Now I know! Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the compliments. Glad y'all like it.

One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I am jealous. I want just one buff.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Last one added.

One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Truly a wonderful idea and execution. Bravo!

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
EXCELLENT!!!
Really like this new photo with the top tier mounted tu2
IMPRESSIVE!!!

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
Unique

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2327 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very cool!

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great idea with splendid results. I have two Buff skulls and really have not figured out what to do with them. Actually left last years in Moz for that reason. Kinda makes me wish I had brought it back. Might make it an easy decision for this year though. Congrats again.

Larry Sellers
SCI(International)Life Member
Sabatti 'trash' Double Shooter
R8 Blaser
DRSS

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote