New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dag Tur winter cape
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Going in June. Guessing I will be looking for a winter cape. Might as well start the search now. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ski+3

Posts: 860 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
don't mean to be negative, but that one is going to be close to impossible to find. It might happen, but slim chance. Good idea to start looking early.

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2013 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Just want to make sure I understand correctly, you are going to shoot a ram during the summer, but want to use a cape from someone else who shot one during the winter? Doesn't that beg the question, why not go when they have a winter coat?

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If Ski is going to the southern hemisphere to hunt tur in June, it is winter.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by impala#03:
If Ski is going to the southern hemisphere to hunt tur in June, it is winter.

Except that tur live in the northern hemisphere. You're probably thinking of tahr in New Zealand.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sevens.... You sound like my ex wife!!

I am hunting in June because it's a Father's Day present for me and my father. He's 75 and the summer conditions are better for his health. Smiler
My second Tur will be a fall hunt. Smiler

Ski+3

Posts: 860 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ask locally to guides. Can be that they give one directly so you can import with your horns. In summer aren't so bad really, one can have a nice mount with a lot's more of muscolar work visible.

D.V.M.

Posts: 179 | Location: Italy | Registered: 02 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Answered my own question!

Shot a tur last June and am going back this September to shoot another so I can get a winter cape. Smiler

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Ski+3