Find
Notify
Tools

"The Fantastic Mr. Fox!"
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of John B Taxidermy
posted

I nicknamed this big fella ... "Lucky" He came to me after being taken out for killing chickens. That's when his luck ran out!

While he lived, he survived quite a bit. He had severe damage to his left eye, including a tear through his lower lid which ran down the face under the lid, and through the rear corner of the mouth. The eye itself was in bad shape, and he might have been blind in that eye as well. His ears are all nicked and bitten ... very uneven fur on the ear edges.

And finally the "Tour de Force" ... he is missing his left foreleg. Like Jerry Reed sang in his song 'Amos Moses' ♫ "Left arm gone clean up to the elbow!"♫

Still, all-in-all ... a very handsome fellow! Especially so with those bright white rear stockings!

Hope you all enjoyed meeting "The Fantastic Mr. Fox." I want to thank Mr. Stephen Sexton, of Xenia, Ohio, for allowing me the privilege of mounting this interesting Vulpine character, and letting me put up his photos.

John.

Improving the Quality and Status of Taxidermy Since 1970.

Posts: 129 | Location: Xenia, Ohio (Southwest 'corner' of the state) | Registered: 29 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of starchild69
posted Hide Post
Nice work lord, great job

Posts: 26 | Location: East Gippsland,STH EAST AUSTRALIA | Registered: 14 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Best fox is a dead one! I'm a poultry farmer and know the 'owner's' pain! Looks like he did well on chicken dinners despite his issues.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! Amazing work! Part of me would have liked to have seen him mounted WITH the eye damage and with a chicken in his mouth! Smiler