THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Wild Black Jaguar Mount !!!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wild Black Jaguar Mount !!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of collector
posted
Sorry for the crappy pictures...they are stills from my little video camera and flash photography was not allowed.

This "Wild" Black Jaguar mount is in the Museum of Natural History in Washington DC. Gorgeous cat !!!

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
Cool! Thanks for posting.

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2007 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of John B Taxidermy
posted Hide Post
Very cool! Indeed, thank you. This Big Cat is part of some new Taxidermy the museum had done a few years ago. And of course, it came with the requisite whiny animal rights group of mixed nuts! Beautiful mounts! Thanks again! Wink

John.

Improving the Quality and Status of Taxidermy Since 1970.

Posts: 129 | Location: Xenia, Ohio (Southwest 'corner' of the state) | Registered: 29 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of John B Taxidermy
posted Hide Post
Found it!

As in all film photography, when not using a flash, it's hard to find just the right setting to let enough light into the lens to get a photo without graininess. That's what I'm hoping to overcome with a new Nikon digital camera ... and they're not cheap!

Enjoy!

John.

Improving the Quality and Status of Taxidermy Since 1970.

Posts: 129 | Location: Xenia, Ohio (Southwest 'corner' of the state) | Registered: 29 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
John you are absolutely correct...the mammalian wing is brand new. This Black Jaguar is their prized possession and they keep it safely tucked away in the back Smiler

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Went there today. My boys love it there, and we go often. It took at least 10 minutes before my boys were ready to be dragged away from the jaguar mount.
I enjoy it becuase I get to show my wife what mounts are going to be in the house.
Thanks for sharing,
W.Smiler

Posts: 782 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of george roof
posted Hide Post
It's probably unfair to say as it may certainly be because of the restriction on the camera, but is this an old mount? I know neither John Matthews nor Ken Walker mounted it. Any idea whose work it is?

RETIRED Taxidermist

Posts: 827 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 02 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
@woodsie
Glad your boys had fun...there is something about this black cat that is absolutely magical !!!

@george
Sorry about the crappy pics. I did not have my real camera with me the day we went there. I only had my hand held video cam which takes really lousy still pics. The area is kind of dark and reflections are horrible. On top of that flash photography is not allowed. Even if you could hold a good camera steady and take a timed shot, the reflections off of the glass will probably interfere. There was no plaque or mention of the taxidermist around the cat..atleast now while I was there. So not sure who mounted it. Maybe worth shooting off an email to the curator, I am sure they will be able to tell you about the taxidermist.