Find
Notify
Tools

Taxidermy costs
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Anders
posted
My trophies has arrived as dip and pack. Now it`s time for the taxidermist to start working. The prices he offered was something like this:
* hartebeest shouldermount: 750$
* kudu shouldermount: 950$
* zebra flat skin: 650 $
* dikdik full mount: 850$
What do guys think? This is a scandinavian taxidermist and supposed to be very good. I know it`s a bit expensive compared to African taxidermists. Problem is that the taxidermist my booking company dealt with, wanted a 30% increase in price this year. And the quality was not the best. And I do save some money on shipping..

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bo-n-aro
posted Hide Post
To compare to my prices take a look at my web page, sherpytaxidermy.com.
I posted a couple of my latest half body bushbucks on the Trophy Room forumn if you wish to see them.
The prices look to be in line with the average here in the states.
I have found that I can save myself and my cutomers a few bucks by having the hides tanned in Africa. I have used KWIKTAN in South Africa and the do a great job using LUFTAN products as many of the tanners here.

Posts: 594 | Location: Plano Texas | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
Quote:

My trophies has arrived as dip and pack. Now it`s time for the taxidermist to start working. The prices he offered was something like this:
* hartebeest shouldermount: 750$
* kudu shouldermount: 950$
* zebra flat skin: 650 $
* dikdik full mount: 850$
What do guys think? This is a scandinavian taxidermist and supposed to be very good. I know it`s a bit expensive compared to African taxidermists. Problem is that the taxidermist my booking company dealt with, wanted a 30% increase in price this year. And the quality was not the best. And I do save some money on shipping..

My friend is a taxidermist, and I see a lot of the stuff he does and I know he earns his money. The prices you listed are fair prices. Good luck on you mounts and enjoy them as much as I enjoy mine.

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting, guys!
I hope the result will be good. I have limited money, but decided to do fullmounts of the klipspringer and damara dik-dik, and rather have the big ones (kudu, oryx, hartebeest) done as scull-mounts. I might shouldermount them later, when I have money..

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote