Find
Notify
Tools

Chinese Water Deer
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted
I want to do a shoulder pedestal mount of my CWD I am seeking ideas for a pedestal that would be unique and relate to England. I have previously mounted a Grysbok on a stack of three African Hunting books (Use Enough Gun, etc) and was quite pleased. Any ideas?

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No bigger than they are.

Why not just go with full body mount.

They are a very interesting deer.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
A full body mount won't fit in the location I have in mind. Plus, it's too late. He has already been caped.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite mounts is the equivalent of a floor pedestal, with some vegetation, of a duiker. Given the size, it's really a desk pedestal and sits on the mantel of a fireplace.

Posts: 10000 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBT:
I want to do a shoulder pedestal mount of my CWD I am seeking ideas for a pedestal that would be unique and relate to England. I have previously mounted a Grysbok on a stack of three African Hunting books (Use Enough Gun, etc) and was quite pleased. Any ideas?

I did mine on a round pedestal. I have been using the round 'desk' pedestal style for a few mounts. I have a book cabinet which I display them on. I can email some photos if you would like to see. My CWD and Muntjac sit on opposite ends of my book shelf.

Posts: 388 | Location: Limpopo, South Africa | Registered: 13 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Thanks MD375. I've done the same with a trio of tiny antelope and it looks great.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Scott,

I just shot two CWD. I'd like to see what sort of mount you come up with. I'm thinking of mounting them together and do a life-size on my muntjac.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12864 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Mark, I've sent you an email with a photo of my Grysbok. A CWD would look good like that. I've decided to do mine as a pedestal on a piece of bark on English Oak. The ideal base would be a curved piece, like an arch, flat on the two base ends and the CWD centered on the arch.