THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    How Effective is Mount Shield?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Effective is Mount Shield?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted
[Note: I posted this over on the trophy room forum, thinking it was the taxidermy forum. After realizing my mistake, I left it there hoping that there might be some responses. But there were none [sigh]... So I'm reposting it here. -Steve]

Folks,

The thread on the African Hunting forum with the bug infested impala mounts got me worried. So I just sprayed the mounts with some Mount Shield. I do this every few months or so.

Smells like it's got some cedar oils in it, so makes my room smell pretty good (after a bit. Kinda intense at first).

I need to order some more as I'm running out. Got me wondering. How effective is this stuff? Am I just atomizing my money for false peace of mind?

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Haven`t tried the product or any other similar trophy care products. But I was looking for the same myself. I have just tried to keep the dust away, but I have read stories that scare me. Found this link: Trophy Mount Care
You might know this, but I posted anyway.. Wink

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Anders,

Thanks for the link! I don't think that I'll be putting pledge on the fur, but the fact the the guy is recomending Mount Sheild is good to hear.

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
That was what I thought as well.. I don`t think it`s availebel in Norway, so I`ll see if I order some later.
Have you had any problems with bugs earlier..? Haven`t had any, but it seems they might show up any time..
I`m might not answer post for a while. I`ll be on vacation for a week.. clap

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
I haven't had any problems yet. Other than a few years ago I had a suit that got a couple of moth holes in it. Just don't want to have a problem.

Have a GREAT vacation!

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------