THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Bear rug has very messy fur?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bear rug has very messy fur?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a Kamchatka bear rug that I got back from the taxidermist with badly messed/ruffled fur.

Compared to other rugs I have seen this is terrible, I don't think the taxidermist actually did anything to get the fur into shape.

What can I do? I was thinking of inviting a hairdresser friend over to wash an d blow dry the thing. Is wetting and washing it with shampoo or conditioner likely to ruin it? I would put it up on a wire rack to dry in a warm room.

...I feel sorry for people who don't drink.
When they wake up they know that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
Post some pictures so we can look at it.

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2009 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wont be home until the weekend, but I'll try to remember to snap a few.

Will wetting and drying it again damage it?

...I feel sorry for people who don't drink.
When they wake up they know that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Artistry of Wildlife
posted Hide Post
You can wet it like you do your own hair on your head when you have so called bed head...

Use a wet wash cloth and wet JUST the fur and brush it out to groom it. DO NOT wet the entire rug/felt or leather side of the bear skin

Posts: 657 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote