THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    I may need a deer hide taned

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I may need a deer hide taned
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of acsteele
posted
My daughter and wife are huting deer for the first time this year. And while I hope they both take a nice buck, they may end up with does.
I am not set up to tan a hide for them, and I really don't have the time to learn this year.
Would anyone be able to fix me up? I just need an aproximate cost, I won't hold your feet to the fire if it runs alittle higher. My idea is a wall haging, with the hair. I will need instructions on how to prepare the hide for shippment, and approx. cost. (there might be two)

Thanks in advance, and good hunting!

Posts: 609 | Location: South-central KS | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
acsteele,

I'm a taxidermist, I can do the tanning for you cost is $85.00 per skin, (includes shipping finished skin to you).
You need to clean all fat & meat off the skin, salt it with a fine white salt, let it drain for a few days fold it with the skin side in and ship it to me, If your intrested I can PM my address & phone number to you for the details. skin will be done in 2 to 3 months..........

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I see that you are in South Central KS. Call Art at Mid-Kansas-Tanning. He's in Dodge City and tanning has been his profession for better than 30 years. Great guy to deal with, and he knows his stuff.

His # is (620)225-4120

call him pryor to season so he can instruct you on how to best care for the hide until it is in his hands.

Posts: 130 | Location: Fresno, CA - again | Registered: 13 May 2003Reply With Quote