THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Chifuti leopard ... from bush to trophy room !!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chifuti leopard ... from bush to trophy room !!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted
it was early morning , i was driving with bill jones looking for some buffalo when we got a radio call from len taylor asking if we would mind helping out , he had a leopard that had fallen from the tree and left growling into the thicket ...we raced there and it truly was a thicket !!! the leopard was dead when we found it but better to be safe than sorry and when a leopard is wounded it often as you know leads to tears ..

the real point though is that that was in late April , actually a great hunt where the leopard got up in the tree in early morning light …spectacular !!!

here is doug with his cat , a good mature male

here is the mount , this was completed mid September !!! as well as his buffalo which was a double pedastel with pretty intricate woodwork

Incredible quality and incredible turnaround !!! thats thanks largely to chifuti doing their primary prep properly ,without which the best taxidermist in the world cannot produce a good mount .... then to andy hunter getting it out so fast through the dip and pack and shipping process and then to the wildlife gallery getting it mounted so fast .

They have nailed the face on this cat ..not often you see a leopard mounted that looks alive like this one does !!!!

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
Beautiful trophy !!!

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful cat! That is a great way to commemorate an adventure.

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Love the expression, and the scars on the cat are great dream fodder for me. My bear has smiliar cut and puncture scars, and looking at him from time to time I often wonder how they were made. Anyway, great looking animal and helluva' nice turnaround time on the taxidermy work!

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He does look good.

Posts: 74 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 24 February 2009Reply With Quote