New
Find
Notify
Tools

2009 mule deer mount
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Got a call from the taxidermist yesterday afternoon. He finished up the mount from my muley. Haden't put a tape on him previously other than checking for width. He grossed 158 even.

Yes it's cocked, and it has bullets too!!!

Posts: 582 | Location: Apache Junction, AZ | Registered: 08 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great buck and a nice mount. What was the width, anyway?

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Yes it's cocked, and it has bullets too!!!

Posts: 582 | Location: Apache Junction, AZ | Registered: 08 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Nice buck!

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice looking buck, and a good looking mount. I'm waiting to get my Bighorn ram back from September.

Posts: 32 | Location: Cody, WY. | Registered: 15 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sculptor
posted Hide Post
Hatchet Jacks ram is not at my Cody Wyoming studio! My studio here in Cody produced 22 bighorn and other wild sheep shoulder mounts harvested in September and October of 09 by Christmas in December and several ram lifesize mounts by April, all as promised. I have been in business here since 1976. Photo is Bill Slatery's Argali ram I mounted.

Posts: 727 | Location: Cody Wyoming | Registered: 17 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I didn't mean for anybody to think my ram was in your shop and I was waiting to long. I was just saying it was a great looking deer and I was looking forward to getting my ram back. I told the guy not to hurry,because if you get in a hurry, the end results might not be good. My soninlaw has had work done at marsico's, and it has been outstanding.

Posts: 32 | Location: Cody, WY. | Registered: 15 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Beautiful buck. I think I shot his grand daddy up the the Gros Ventre back in 1979. They are twins.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sculptor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hatchet Jack:
I didn't mean for anybody to think my ram was in your shop and I was waiting to long. I was just saying it was a great looking deer and I was looking forward to getting my ram back. I told the guy not to hurry,because if you get in a hurry, the end results might not be good. My soninlaw has had work done at marsico's, and it has been outstanding.
Sorry I misunderstood you. Thanks for the compliment. Also the mule deer mount is one nice buck to be proud of for sure.

Posts: 727 | Location: Cody Wyoming | Registered: 17 December 2005Reply With Quote