THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Ideas on mounting animals from Africa

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ideas on mounting animals from Africa
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Anders
posted
During my hunt in Eastern Cape I managed to bag a pretty extensive list of different animals. No it`s time to decide how to mount them.
I have decided which one to fullmount and which that will be done as shouldermounts, but would really like input, preferably with pictures, on directions, facial- and bodyexpressions etc. All input is highly appreciated.

Blue Duiker, Cape Grysbok, Vaal Rhebok and Common Oribi: fullmounts.

Eastern Cape Kudu, Cape Bushbuck, Southern Mt. Reedbuck, Southern Impala and Black Wildebeest: shouldermounts.

Southern Bush Duiker: wall pedestal.

Cape/Black and White Springbuck: on one pedestal.

Thanks!

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Nice collection of trophies Anders!! thumb

You should do that cape Bushbuck lifesize, they are sharpe looking and not to big.

The Southern Bush Duiker should be lifesize too. They are alittle to small to put on the wall, even a wall pedestal.

Excellent idea for the Springbok, save room on that display for a Kalahari Springbok.

As for poses it depends if you have plenty of room in your home, if you do, I would do a rocky hill and put all the "Tiny Ten" together leaving areas on the display for the rest of them, make sure you get that Bush Duiker in there! You could have a really great display of all those antelope!

That would leave you 4 shoulder mounts, the Kudu looks good in a floor pedastal, something to think about. The other 3, wall mounts.

I wish you lived closer, we could really do some neat things with all your critters. I hope your taxidermist has a good artistic mind!

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Widowmaker416,
Thanks for good input! Some problems though.. The bushbuck and duiker is already caped.. And I do have a Kalahari Springbuck as a shouldermount. Thought I would place it on the wall right behind the other three.

That mountain of yours is a great idea? I have some of the Tiny ones mounted full already. Are there any problems converting them to the mountain? Smiler

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are there any problems converting them to the mountain?

No, shouldn't be. most all mounts have threaded rods in the bottom of the hooves, they can be unbolted and placed on a new base.

To bad about the Bushbuck and Duiker, they both would have made great lifesize mounts. Good thing to remember, I tell all my clients, "If your not sure on how you want it mounted, have it skinned lifesize, this way you have time to think about what you want to do. When in the field your not thinking much about the mount, but after you get home is when the wheels are turning. If you have the whole skin, you can do anything! Shoulder - 1/2 mount - lifesize - or just a skull and now you have the whole skin to display!

[QUOTE]And I do have a Kalahari Springbuck as a shoulder mount. Thought I would place it on the wall right behind the other three.{QUOTE]

You could do that or attach it to a nice piece of a driftwood branch and have it on the base with the rest of them, this way your not limited to placing the display right up against the wall.

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote