New
Find
Notify
Tools

Austin, Texas Taxidermy
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
On a hunt a few years ago one of the men was bragging on a taxidermist in Austin, or near Austin, that did all his work. Does anyone have a clue who might be the best in the area?

I'm also curious if anyone has used Huffaker in Abilene.

Thanks

Posts: 13873 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Jerry Huffaker is working on some things for me now, but it will be a while before I have any mounts. I am sure you have seen that he has some pictures of his work on his website. He has been real easy to work with so far.

Were you thinking of Woodbury Taxidermy in Ingram?

I can't get the main page of their website to load for some reason, but you can see some of their work here.

I was told years ago by someone who worked there that there were affiliated with or owned by the YO Ranch, but I do not know if that is correct.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Here is one that comes to mind in Austin.
Wildlife Images Link

We all use Bob Wilkins in Cameron at Wildlife Artistry.
http://www.wildlifeartistry-texas.com/

Everyone I have talked with that used Jerry has been very satisfied as well.

Good Hunting,

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
May also be talking about Palermo taxidermy in Bryan, TX. They are well respected and have won a lot of awards over the years.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hey Kensco i have a guy i have used and he is real good name of his bus. is Griffitn Taxidermy his # is 512-756-4581 its in Burnet about and hour away from Austin he will fix you right up hope this helps you out.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Rodney Schott in San Antonio does superb work and does African mounts exceptionally well.

Posts: 234 | Location: tx | Registered: 30 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Game Tracks - they are out 290 West before Dripping Dprings. I have 11 African trophies there right now.

I also try to find good taxidermists near where I hunt in the hill country to make drop-offs easier. I've used Lindley's in Harper and Rhodes in Kervill. Both are excellent. Lindley's is very quick - 5 months for a shoulder mount Aoudad.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote