THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Re: Ideas for warthog taxidermy?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Ideas for warthog taxidermy?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted
What if you did a pedestal mount of a warthog and impala (or whatever animal you have available). The warthog could be slightly turning to one side and the impala could be facing the opposite direction. This would give the pedestal mount some height as a warthog is not very tall, but the impala is not to large to overpower the warthog (for example a kudu would draw all the attention away from the warthog).

Sevens

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
How about something like this. I got that from this website.

Sevens

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I was having some of the same questions you are having about a warthog I took about 2 months ago.

I asked some of the folks on the African Hunting Forum and actually got a couple pictures of mounts with the warthog coming out of a hole.

You can search for my post on the African forum titled "Warthog Floor Mount", I think? I settled for and sent my taxidermist a picture of the first and they said it would be no problem. No matter what you decide, I think a picture can always better describe what you have in mind.

good luck
graybird

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote