THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Trip to Wildlife Artistry Taxidermy-Cameron, TX

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trip to Wildlife Artistry Taxidermy-Cameron, TX
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted
A friend and I headed up to Wildlife Artistry Taxidermy run by Bob and Dodie Wilkins in Cameron, Texas yesterday two drop off a couple of New Mexico black bears. We were also picking up a mountain lion rug and full body mount bobcat for two other friends.

As always, they had some new "stuff" in the shop.

Bob

Nyala and Cape Buff (on a buffalo horn pedestal) with some impala rugs on the floor.

A few of Bob's other mounts.

Ringtail and Rattler. (This won both State and National Awards)

You know I have a real soft spot for blackbucks. This one is terrific.

This Cape Buffalo won 1st Place at both the State and National level! It is on a pecan pedestal with zebra inserts.

Enjoying some of Miss Dodie's coffee.

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
This is the color phase black bear Bob will be mounting for me.

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Nice black bear, Bob!

The nyala looks weird to me without all his shaggy hair. The one I killed had much more hair on him.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Yep-It is not a great specimen.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Nice stuff! I love all of the pillows on the shelf in the first picture.

~Ann

Posts: 19213 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cessna
posted Hide Post
Nice bear Bob, how are you going to have it mounted. Where in NM?
This one came from east of TA the first week of October.

Posts: 430 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
i give up. what's with the cape buffalo pedestal mount with the shit eating grin and eyes looking in different directions( right eye looking right and downward, left eye appears to be looking to the left)? hopefully it is just the camera angle. for sure the curled lips look a bit unusual. am i missing something?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13221 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
cessna-We were in Units 36 & 37 near Capitan. I am having a table top pedestal done with an extended back to show the blond hair on the chocolate.

jd,
quote:
hopefully it is just the camera angle

I doubt the judges at both the state and national competitions would have awarded it 1st Place with bad eye placement. As far as the mouth, you mount it the way the customer wants. That particular pose is not my cup of chowder either. That does not take away from the fact that he does excellent work and has for the past 45+ years.

Bob

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
no offense and i am sure you are right about the eyes- it just looked strange when i enlarged the image. but photo angles can be deceiving and judges would certainly know what is appropriate. the grin, well, the customer is always right i guess but it sure makes a potentially dangerous animal look like a cow. for sure he is not looking at me like i owe him money! BTW, that is a REALLY nice bear.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13221 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
jd-None taken. I would not have had a buff mounted with that pose either!

One of Us
Picture of cessna
posted Hide Post
Pedestal mount with extended back sounds interesting. It also sounds dramatic with the blond hairs on the back. Down the road post it if you get a chance. It seemed to be a good year for bears in NM.

Posts: 430 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
cessna-I sure will. I should have it in March. Here is a better shot of the back.

Bob

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
That's a pretty looking bear Bob! He should make for a nice mount!