Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone mounted a Wisent?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted
It's on my short list of things I want to get knocked out before I turn 50 (next 13 years).

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Cow bison form might work?

Posts: 4884 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sculptor
posted Hide Post
I mounted a bull life size for a private museum collection in Calfornia several years ago. I used a lifesize bull bison form and made modifications as needed. Now I cann't remember the country it was from right off! I believe it was Bugaria. It had small horns but a huge body.

Posts: 727 | Location: Cody Wyoming | Registered: 17 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
I would almost give my left arm to hunt one of these. I just can't justify what they are getting for the bigger bulls now so a cow might just have to do.

One of Us
Picture of John B Taxidermy
posted Hide Post
Mounted a lifesize bull Wisent many years ago while working for a Taxidermist. Privately owned animal. Never mounted a wild, hunted Wisent. They are a very ancient breed ... left over from the late Pleistocene! Big shaggy brute, that smelled just as rank as our own North American Bison! Altered a paper lifesize Bison form ... actually had to increase the size. Great experience!

This one is from the Białowieża Forest, Poland.

Another Wisent bull from, the Minsk Zoo ...

Improving the Quality and Status of Taxidermy Since 1970.

Posts: 129 | Location: Xenia, Ohio (Southwest 'corner' of the state) | Registered: 29 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
Tad Pucket used to have some on his ranch in Colorado.

I know he sold them off to someone else, but not sure who.

He was getting $5000 for a bull.

I have heard it isn't much of a hunt, so if you could shoot one on a ranch in America for $5000 it beats paying $17,000 for one in Europe.

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote