THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Kudu shoulder mount to pedestal?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kudu shoulder mount to pedestal?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a 57" Kudu shoulder mount that is one of the best quality mounts I've ever seen. However, WE live in a small Aframe w/ 48/12 pitch exterior walls. The wife doesn't like him in our living room, 8' ceilings and it's 53"tall, 3' from wall to nose. I should have done english but.....
Horns slip on and off. Any suggestions on what could be done to get him on display?
Anybody have a skull laying around?
The discussion went like this. "it's my house too". I replied, "Yes, it is. Half the walls are yours. Pick YOUR walls." Unfortunately, I've used up mine.
Thanks, Scott

Posts: 124 | Location: Boiling Springs | Registered: 16 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Artistry of Wildlife
posted Hide Post
A pedestal can be made. Sure thing , no problem. You just Need to find someone that can do it tho'. The back needs to be hydrated back to mounting condition and then peeled back. The form needs to be altered and reshaped adding a scallop and the steel harware needs to be put inside the form. Then glued and sewn back up. After the drying process I'm sure the airbrush work on the shoulders will have to be redone and blended. Next finish the back with what you choose as a client, felted , leather or kudu backskin.Then a pedestal base base made and install the reciever inside the base for the pin. We can do it for you if you choose to go thru with it and understand the expense.
There are more simplicstic ways but to just take a flat shoulder mount and making it a pedestal by screwing to a 2 by 4 on a base is tacky to me.

Posts: 657 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote