THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Fair price to offer for a Lion mount???

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fair price to offer for a Lion mount???
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SMACK!!!!
posted
I've been offered a African lion mount. I have never hunted in Africa and probably never will. I came across this mount through a friend. The owner of the mounts husband passed away some time ago and she wishes to sell several trophys aquired by her husband from hunts around the world.

I would like to know what your thoughts were when it comes to a fair price to offer her for the Lion. I would love to have it !!!

--------------------------------------------

Nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

Posts: 774 | Location: North Central Washington | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't know where to start bidding. Personally, I would pay whatever she asks within reason.

Ski+3

Posts: 860 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
We had a polar bear and a tiger when I was a kid.

Not sure where the polar bear came from, the tiger was from India when my mother and grandparents lived there in the 1960s. Both were destroyed by mold when they got left in a damp basement.

The squadron I was in in the Navy had a head mount tiger from the 1930's (Ingen?). When they moved from Maine to Florida I am not sure if it got stolen or what but I never saw it again.
Old trophies like that are amazing.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote