New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEED HELP!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My son's house burned and my Grandsons full mount bobcat received both smoke and water damage. Do you think it can be cleaned and saved? Do I take it back to the taxidermist?
Thanks Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
I can't help you regarding the taxidermy, but I'm sorry to hear about your son's home. I hope everyone is okay!

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks sevens. Fortuneatly the boys made it out fine. Germania insurance has been great. They will put them up in a comparable house, furnished during the interim. It looks like they are very generous with the estimate. They did the same for us a couple years ago when we lost all of our wood floors on the bottom level.
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of george roof
posted Hide Post
If the hair isn't burned or singed and providing that the mount was done by a REAL professional, there should be no problems in salvaging the mount. Take it back to the taxidermist.

RETIRED Taxidermist

Posts: 827 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 02 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks George,
I have been pleased with his work so far. He is 3 miles away and delivers when promised. I don't think the little guy got singed or burnt.
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch,I'm sure you are refering to Rick.He sure does a great job on whitetails.I bet he can fix you up.

DRSS

Posts: 41 | Location: Texas | Registered: 04 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are correct zambezi. That is Rick Saulsbury[sp]. Do you live in the area also?
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch,yes I live at Mount Vernon.Rick has mounted several deer and some Afican animals for me and my son.He is a great guy as far as I'm concerned.

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You probably drive by my house on the way to his shop. If you take FM 1565 south from I30 at the dragstrip you pass by my house. I am 3 miles north of 986 which Rick is located. He has done a couple things for me and I have been pleased. He is reasonable, does good work, and delivers in a reasonable length of time. Contact me the next time you are in the area.
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will do.

DRSS