New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lifesize baboon mount?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I think they are an interesting animal and I think one would be a nice addition to my game room. Anyone having any pics? Also looking for a taxi to have it done. Thanks

Posts: 161 | Location: United States | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
Here is one I mounted for AR member Ahmed Niazi. This was a very a large, old baboon that he shot in Burkina Faso.

I much prefer a natural pose like this for a lifesize baboon, the way you see them most of the time, not with mouth wide open, and certainly not holding a bar tray!

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sculptor
posted Hide Post
Nice job Grafton! Every one I have mounted the clients wanted the mouth open. Painting the red rear ends of these guys is bazzar work. I was in South Africa at the beach one day and a pack of babboons ran every one off. A big male jumped up on our car and tore off the windshield wippers in nothing flat. They knew where they were protected.

Posts: 727 | Location: Cody Wyoming | Registered: 17 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mary Hilliard-Krueger
posted Hide Post
We also prefer a natural pose but mount a percentage with mouth open as many clients prefer that appearance.

Krueger's Creations Taxidermy
Chris Krueger
Phoenix, Arizona
halflingrugger@cox.net

Taxidermist/Rugmaker

Posts: 904 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 6x6 square wood posts in my basement manroom that go from the floor to ceiling and I'd like him to be climbing up one of them as if going up a tree, looking towards the entry... mouth mostly closed. I'll be in touch, thanks.

Posts: 161 | Location: United States | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post
here is mine i shot in namibia

Posts: 789 | Location: Karachi & London | Registered: 26 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
Grafton, love that mount. Probably the first baboon mount I have seen that I really like. I don't like the open mouth look personally but showing of the teeth in a european mount would be pretty cool.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of maxart
posted Hide Post

Posts: 215 | Location: colyfornnia | Registered: 13 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2009 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've never seen them closed mouth before but I like it a lot. Plus you can keep the skull intact for the curio cabinet. It's a two-fer!

SCI Life Member
DRSS

"In those savage countries success frequently depends upon one particular moment; you may lose or win according to your action at that critical instant."

Sir Samuel Baker

Posts: 297 | Location: New Scotland, Canada | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Jerry you didn't... Big Grin

That is funny!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote