THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Some more info on bronzeing

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some more info on bronzeing
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi all,The method I am talking about is not a molten metal dip. This is a electroplate process. First there is an electrically conductive film sprayed onto the material to be bronzed. Then the piece is submerged in a liquid that has bronze particles in suspension. An electrical charge is applied to the piece and the particles begin sticking to it. This is s slow process which may take a few days. Thats what I know about it. Anyone know different??

Posts: 227 | Location: Bakersfield Ca. USA | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jds
posted Hide Post
Honestly, Ted, I have not heard of that being used on skulls. Here's the problem that I would anticipate with this process. Soaking this skull in the solution for a few days will mean that it's going to soak some of the solution up into the bone.

If you are putting a metal plating on it while it is wet it would bring up two questions:

1. Does the plating seal the skull (I would think that it would) which means that the wet skull could never dry out since the moisture is locked inside?

2. With the skull staying moist, will the plating continue to stick to it over a long period of time?

These may be non-issues but I would certainly look into it.

Good luck and please let us know.

Thanks!

JDS

Posts: 655 | Location: Burleson, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
Please post the results if you pursue this! I think it sounds really neat.

I can just picture a bronzed baboon or warthog skull... Should be really impressive!

Could you post some info about the company doing this bronzing?

jpb

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote