THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Too late for a full sized brown bear mount?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Too late for a full sized brown bear mount?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted
Hi, my 8 1/2' brown bear is weeks away from becoming a rug. My wife primarily and my youngest son talked me out of a full sized mount. I'm thinking if it's not too late, I still want one. Is the preparation of the hide a lot different? They haven't started on the rug yet. Sorry for the dumb question.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4737 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nobody2
posted Hide Post
Prep is the same, but don't waste time here. Tell your taxi man.

Posts: 274 | Location: Wa. | Registered: 04 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I'll call him tomorrow, and see if it's too late. If he can the wife will find out when they bring it in lol ... I'll be sleepin outside for awhile.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4737 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuck375:
Thanks, I'll call him tomorrow, and see if it's too late. If he can the wife will find out when they bring it in lol ... I'll be sleepin outside for awhile.

LOL, good luck with that! It's been said that foregiveness is easier to get than permission. Obviously anyone that says that has never been married to my wife.....

How do I know? All I had to do was buy a Harley...

I'm sure your brown bear mount will bring similar results. Extremely pissed off for about a week, then grudging acceptance, then finally she'll admit that she likes it....

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote