New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to get Started
 Login/Join

<Alaskan>
posted
I am in my mid 30's and have been an avid hunter my whole life. I am kinda kicking around the idea of starting into some taxidermy as a hoby and maybe a business later on. I plan on starting out slow and easy but I don't really have a clue on where to begin. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Pat

posted Hide Post
hey Pat Check out the www.taxidermy.net and look under the suppliers. There are a lot of good books and videos. when you check it out Look for Wasco.
Good luck, Mike

Posts: 8 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 16 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jds
posted Hide Post
Pat,

Also on the www.taxidermy.net site is a forums section.

Just a little heads up - they are a little touchy about someone coming on and just asking questions without looking at the archives first, though. The same questions are asked over and over and over and over and over . . . well, you get the idea.

They just prefer you look around a bit before jumping in with questions.

Good luck!

JDS

[ 12-16-2002, 09:18: Message edited by: jds ]

Posts: 655 | Location: Burleson, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Have you ever talked to Russ Knight down on Arctic Blvd? He's a great guy and I'm sure he'd give you some pointers on how to get into the business.

Posts: 2936 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
<Alaskan>
posted
Yes, I have talked with Russ but never really much about getting started. He seemed like a really nice guy. I had forgot about him. Maybe I'll stop back by.

Thanks to all for the input. Taxidermy.net is a wealth of info. There is even a school listed a few miles from my house.

Thanks again.

Pat