New
Find
Notify
Tools

FL Taxidermists
 Login/Join

Picture of knuk13
posted
Would anybody know the name of a couple good taxidermists in Florida. I am looking to have a black bear done and don't know of any in the Daytona area.

Thanks,

Jeff

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are in luck. One of the best in the country is American Sportsman here in Tallahassee. Larry Quinn is the chief/owner/good guy. Give him a call at 850 576 2477. He is doing my Tanz trophies for me. Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John Pyles in Orlando is absolutely world class.
He is excellent on big game and african game.

407-291-9386

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You guys answered my question. I'm in the central Florida area and have a major job, around 35 African animals, that I have to get done for a friend. I will call these guys.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Checked out John Pyles Taxidermy Studio in Orlando. Toured the place and saw some marvelous work in progress, as well as a wide variety of finished mounts. Gave him the commission. He does museum quality work and is expanding into larger quarters in the near future. He has my Cape buffalo and Nyassa Wildebeest as well as the large commission for a good friend. I think I will be pleased with the outcome.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sculptor
posted Hide Post
I am not sure but I once heard that it is illegal to ship black bear or cougar hides or mounts in or out of the state of Fla.; you had better check on it. I KNOW it is illegal to ship a cougar hide, mount or otherwise in out of the left coast state of California.

Posts: 727 | Location: Cody Wyoming | Registered: 17 December 2005Reply With Quote