THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    taxidermy how long is reasonable

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

taxidermy how long is reasonable
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of duggaboybuff
posted
Curios to know what is a reasonable amount of time to expect you taxidermist to turn around agood quality shoulder mount? I have had them within 3 months up to 13 months and counting!!

Posts: 411 | Location: australia | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GA DEER HUNTER
posted Hide Post
My taxidermist will do a "rush" for $50 extra. If I choose this option, I can have a shoulder mount back in 6 weeks. If it is on a normal schedule, 4-5 months. The longest I have waited, (before I changed taxidermist) was 12 months. I do think that 4 months is reasonable.

Posts: 392 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of duggaboybuff
posted Hide Post
GA Deer Hunter, is this in the USA or where? There is only a handfull of quality Taxidermists in Australia and they all seem to be flat out like a road kill!!

Posts: 411 | Location: australia | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GA DEER HUNTER
posted Hide Post
Yes, this is in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. There are plenty of taxidermist here and most of them do pretty good work.

Posts: 392 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
What is reasonable would be a personal opinion but here is mine. If I have to tell someone any more than 12 months then I would stop taking in work at that point. I think 6-8 months is better and that is usually what I quote as a time estimate for customers (shoulder mount). 4 months would be about as fast as anyone could hope for.

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shehuntz
posted Hide Post
I dont know what is 'reasonable' but i turn around in 4-5 months.
Sometimes you get a higher influx of work than expected and i just have to work harder to get it out on time.
I refuse to alter estimated times to existing clients.

Animal Art Taxidermy.

Posts: 227 | Location: Australia. | Registered: 23 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
If you are a full time taxidermist doing high quality work for a living, 6 - 12 mos is reasonable. Anything over a 12 mos is too long in my opinion.

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2009 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In Wyoming they have one (1) year, if 1/2 of the cost is paid, other wise they are breaking the law.

Yet many break that law. Taxidermists, lawyers, and realtors, same mold, same class, same crooks!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One year is more than long enough!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote