Find
Notify
Tools

Jack Rabbit
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted
This will probably seem laughable to some, but does anyone have pictures of a jack rabbit mount? My hog hunt got turned into a jack rabbit shoot and I was thinking of having one of 'em mounted. Thanks in advance.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mary Hilliard-Krueger
posted Hide Post
OK...this will be more 'laughable', all I have is a 'jack-a-lo' to show you. Big Grin Well, you can see the forest through the 'trees' or in this case 'horns'!

Taxidermist/Rugmaker

Posts: 904 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, That dude has alot of fur.

Where did he come from and what kind of Jack Rabbit is he?

Safari Taxidermy by:John Baker
www.safaritaxidermy.com

Posts: 278 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas , USA | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is a photo of what I'm used to seeing.

Safari Taxidermy by:John Baker
www.safaritaxidermy.com

Posts: 278 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas , USA | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mary Hilliard-Krueger
posted Hide Post
John,

It's a Black-Tailed Jack aka Desert Hare, taken in the winter in Colorado, hence the denser, lighter haircoat. Here in Arizona we have the Black-Tails and the Antelope Jacks, like the one in your picture, with the longer ears and shorter haircoat.

Mary

Taxidermist/Rugmaker

Posts: 904 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With Quote