New
Find
Notify
Tools

looking for a taxidermist
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
In the market for a lifesize Leopard mount. I saw Animal Artistry's sleeping Leopard on a branch with a branched canopy at Reno. Quite frankly this is the only Leopard mount I have seen that really excites. Don't really like the open mouth, growly type.

I would appreciate hearing from some of the great taxidermists out there on this and your ideas. Thanks and you can just PM me if you don't want to post on the forum.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wildlife Gallery
posted Hide Post
Larry,

I also liked the sleeping leopard. Only thing is, I thought I'd get tired of the pose after a few years of looking at it. There is something special about the eyes of a leopard if done correctly. Seems like a shame not to have those eyes haunting the viewer. Just my thoughts, but certainly a unique pose for sure... DAN

Committing ourselves to world class turnaround and quality.
www.thewildlifegallery.com

One of Us
Picture of Wildlife Gallery
posted Hide Post

Committing ourselves to world class turnaround and quality.
www.thewildlifegallery.com

One of Us
Picture of Hughiam
posted Hide Post
Im in the taxidermy trade and I only do wholesale work, but can recommend three. Dennis Harris, who posts here as Artistry in Wildlife, Edwin Alarcon who owns High Country Taxidermy out of Eagle, WI(although I would check with him about turn around times) and Phil Soucy out of Libby, MT. Both Dennis and Phil compete and have one numerous awards with their cat work. Hope this helps.

Pro Staff for:
In Natures Image Taxidermy

Posts: 448 | Location: Palmer, AK | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Two words for you: Phil Soucy. No better, in my opinion.

I agree with you. I like relaxed poses, not action poses. I also like the sleeping cat, but agree that it becomes tiresome after years. Kind of like a bugling elk-- always screaming.

I like a relaxed standing/walking leopard. Mouth slightly open, natural.

Posts: 783 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
<The Artistry of Wildlife>
posted
This one is lying on log for the wall mount, Just haven't put the canopy on it yet.
I like the sleeping ones we do, I can't find a pic at the moment, but what else in the middle of the day would you see a leopard doing
Sleeping Big Grin
Here are some close up face shots
Check out our website, BTW small world, I was just in Datil N M last week cougar hunting.

Producing the Highest Quality Custom Wildlife Mounts with less than 90 Working Day Delivery.
Visit our Studio Online at:
The Artistry of Wildlife
"2009 World Champions"
"Best in World Combined Artists"
World Taxidermy Championships

Email:
info@artistryofwildlife.com

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Try Ben @ Tri-State in Houston, great turn around, great cats. (713) 465-7388

posted Hide Post
I also do a lot of cats go to my web site for examples www.bigcattaxidermy. Give us a call and we can assist you in having a one of a kind leopard mount.

Thanks, Leland

Posts: 16 | Location: Craig, Colorado | Registered: 07 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry,
I can only recommend Mike Simpson, from Conroe Taxidermy in Conroe/houston Texas. He only mounts cats, and one per week, either a lion or leopard... He's a legend in the hunting world, very nice guy, and their work is flawless.

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
I might as well throw a couple of my big cats in here.

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2007 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for the replys. I am in the process of checking your web sites and going over the pics and such. My cat should be back from Moz in a mounth or so?? I'll be in touch.

Larry Sellers

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote