New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best in Europe?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Who could point out who is considered to be the best taxidermist in Europe?
I have heard good things about Wolfgang Schenk in Germany, and he sent me some brochures that were quite impressive.
Are there any other big names that I could look at?
Thanks all.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
Does he have a homepage, or are you able to scan any photos from his work?

Posts: 2121 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Christer, you can see some of his work at www.schenk-taxidermy.com
Do you know of any better in Europe?
I can't stand seeing scraggly, awkard looking animals, I don't think it does them justice, nor to our memories of them in the field.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
Express

I dont have that much experience of taxidermists. Mostly I have made European mounts for my trophies. I had some smaller animals made in Sweden and are really satisfied, they dont work with african animals though.

My trophies from RSA 2002 are at the moment at http://www.safaritaxidermy.co.za/ and from what I have heard in RSA they should be ok.

I looked to Wolfgang Schenks work and they seems to be nice.

Posts: 2121 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
<mod 12>
posted
Wolfgang Schenk came and spoke to my hunting class at the K-town Gun Club and brought a Russian apprentice who skinned out a pine marten. It was all informative and he was a great speaker. I've only seen photo's of his work but it is first rate and he is highly recommended.