THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    How much should I expect to pay

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How much should I expect to pay
 Login/Join

Picture of Bluegroper
posted
Guys looking to see how much I should expect to pay to have skins tanned in South Africa, say Impala, Bushbuck sized skin.

Posts: 22 | Location: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: 06 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
They are catching up with US. What you can get over there is a chrome tan done -- grey underneath. Are you talking flatskins, capes for mounts, ...?

Posts: 4884 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
In 2013, I had a bushbuck flatskin done in South Africa and I think that it was about $105. The blue wildebeest flatskin was $270.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bluegroper
posted Hide Post
Thanks guy's I am talking about flat skins for rugs chrome tan would be perfect for what I want.

Posts: 22 | Location: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: 06 July 2015Reply With Quote