Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gemsbok Skull Repair
 Login/Join

posted
Can anyone suggest a taxidermist in the US who may be able to repair a broken skull? My son's Gemsbok Euro Mount skull was broken in shipment a few years ago. I have sat down several times to look at repairing it and then think better of it because I don't want to make it worse. I think it is time to get it fixed for him and move on. The lower part of the left eye socket is broken out. One large piece that spans the entire lower eye socket and several smaller pieces to the front of the eye socket. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. As a backup plan, any suggested sources for a replacement skull.

Posts: 38 | Location: South Korea | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Artistry of Wildlife
posted Hide Post
Ship me up the broken one I can cut up and use for a shoulder mount and I'll send you a complete skull in return you can use for your euro it will just cost you shipping both ways. I don't need to have the horns take them off just put what you have in a small box and send it I'll ship back a good one.

DENNIS

Producing the Highest Quality Custom Wildlife Mounts with less than 120 Working Day Delivery.
Visit our Studio Online at:
The Artistry of Wildlife
"2009 World Champions"
"Best in World Combined Artists"
World Taxidermy Championships
" 2010 Michigan State Champion"

Email:
info@artistryofwildlife.com

Posts: 657 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now there's a generous offer you just don't get every day! That's awfully nice of you Dennis!

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have a few nice gemsbok full skulls I'm going to cut up soon for shoulder mounts, so he better hurry.... Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Artistry of Wildlife:
Have a few nice gemsbok full skulls I'm going to cut up soon for shoulder mounts, so he better hurry.... Big Grin

Dennis,

Wow, thank you for such a generous offer.
May I contact you directly at The Artistry of Wildlife? I would also like to discuss mounting the new skull. Again, thank you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Call me before 5
DENNIS

posted Hide Post
quote:
Call me before 5
DENNIS

Dennis,

As we discussed on the phone.
The skull on plaque is in the mail.

Thank You,
Phillip

posted Hide Post
quote:
Ship me up the broken one I can cut up and use for a shoulder mount and I'll send you a complete skull in return you can use for your euro it will just cost you shipping both ways. I don't need to have the horns take them off just put what you have in a small box and send it I'll ship back a good one.

DENNIS

Just thought I would post a follow-up and close the loop on this post.
Just as Dennis had offered, he replaced the broken skull with a pristine one.
When I inquired about preparing and mounting the skull to the original plaque he offered to do that as well.
I've had the mount back for a while now and must say it is much better than the original.
I cannot thank Dennis and Artistry of Wildlife enough for their kind generosity.
His work is obviously of the highest quality and a very nice guy to work with as well.
When I have the need for more taxidermy work I will most certainly consider Artistry of Wildlife.

Producing the Highest Quality Custom Wildlife Mounts with less than 120 Working Day Delivery.
Visit our Studio Online at:
The Artistry of Wildlife
"2009 World Champions"
"Best in World Combined Artists"
World Taxidermy Championships
" 2010 Michigan State Champion"

Email:
info@artistryofwildlife.com

one of us
Picture of bo-n-aro
posted Hide Post
After ready several taxidermy horor stories on this forum and others, this is like a breath of fresh air.
Thanks Dennis!

Posts: 594 | Location: Plano Texas | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote