THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Re: HELP - Dermestid Beetles

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: HELP - Dermestid Beetles
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Go onto www.taxidermy.net and ask on the forum. Also, they have good references for supplies for what you need.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
My heads were done in South Africa. I wonder if they still use tannic acid and whether that will deter insects? According t that website, tannic acid's residual effect does. i'm just wondering what you guys think. jorge

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Well, I got a reply from Steve Miller at Miller Trophy Room Preservation. He did not seem detoured by the small number of mounts. Says they are planning their Fall trip to the West Coast. Hopefully he'll be able to come and take care of my problem.

Out of curiousity, how long does it take for these bugs to destroy a mount? I'm wondering if my sheep will be safe until the mounts can be protected in a few months.

Sevens

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote