New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fleshing machines.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
anybody have an opinion on the best fleshing machine. can they be made instead of purchased. anybody here make one?

one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's called a very sharp knife with a fleshing beam

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
Widowmaker 416, have you ever been accused of being old school? Wink First with the wrapped bodies and now the 'ol draw knife! You know where I can get my hands on some arsenic? jumping

Just kidding ya. I have an old Sheffield fleshing knife that I use every now and then that is sharp as a razor. I let the tannery do my shaving and use a sharp knife or razor blade for any thinning that needs to be done.

22WRF check out taxidermy.net and you can find lots of opinions on various brands of fleshing machines.

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shehuntz
posted Hide Post
rotflmo widow.
I used a beam, and a fleshing & shaving knife for many years before importing my fleshing machine. (A Dakota V) Boars were a workout though. Roll Eyes

I did get plans off a friend to make my own but my husband just never got round to it.

I am very happy with my machine.

Animal Art Taxidermy.

Posts: 227 | Location: Australia. | Registered: 23 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Widowmaker416:
Yes, it's called a very sharp knife with a fleshing beam

I went that route when I was a kid doing quite a bit of beaver trapping.

Now I am more into keeping my skins and I would rather use a machine than my fleshing knives.