Find
Notify
Tools

Wall mounted Hyena
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MAU MAU
posted
I am running out of floor space and have three Hyenas headed for the Taxidermist. Has anyone done a Hyena wall mount or have any suggestions? I thank you in advance for any ideas or pictures. Merry Christmas!

Posts: 227 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have not mounted a life sized Hyena for the wall but, I have mounted many life sized trophies as wall mounts and I think a Hyena would be no problem. Just about anything you can come up with for a floor mount can be adapted for the wall.
I have a Hyena in the works at this time, it will be a tall floor mount. The piece will have a Croc swimming upward toward a bank were the Hyena is standing getting a drink of water.(I Know Rocky Cooper did this with a Bushbuck but it is what the customer wants). You could do the Hyena part and attach it to the wall. All three together would be a little big so I would break it up in to two or three wall mounts and hang them close together.

Safari Taxidermy by:John Baker
www.safaritaxidermy.com

Posts: 278 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas , USA | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
If you are doing life sized mounts of all three, how about having them fighting over an implala leg (piece of meat etc..) or something.

A hyena tug of war.

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote