THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    speaking of antlers in velvet

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

speaking of antlers in velvet
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I thought I'd start a new thread on this one. Does anyone know how the artficial velvet is done? I have a suspesion (sp) that it's like the blown on flocking that can be used to line jewelery boxes etc.

Any ideas?

the chef

One of Us
Picture of Exit31
posted Hide Post
Ideas yes...but I bet it is a secret process. One company in Oregon does this. They don't say how.LOL They claim it is permanent and can match the velvet color..to you photos. The publicity photos look awesome. Prices start at $125us, I believe.

Why shall there not be patient confidence in the ultimate justice of the people? Is there any better or equal hope in the world? Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 599 | Location: Canada, NS | Registered: 19 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The blown flocking works like this-- special glue spread on the item, a cardboard "tube gun" is used to spray the flocking into the glue. The flocking is all the same length and goes into the glue straight-like a needle or arrow. I've seen the stuff and it's really tough-much more so than velvet- as in velvet cloth for lining stuff. The flocking comes in different colors red,green,blue, and brown. I wonder if the brown could be touched up with stain to match different colors for antlers.

Seems a great way to make money if that's the case. This stuff is pretty cheeeep!!!

the chef

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just found the company that sells the flocking....doesn't sound too hard.