Find
Notify
Tools

home taxidermy
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of tonto
posted
Let me start off by saying I am not a pro I probaly am not that good. But I thought I would show some steps of doing your own taxidermy. though not on the level with full time top notch taxidermist. It can be away to get the animals mounted that you normaly wouldnt spend the cash to have done.

This baboon is a pretty rough skin I picked up because I didnt bring mine back from Zim.

here are the materials laid out a form, mouth set and eyes. My skin is tanned and ready.

Here Ive set the eyes and teeth, Ive sanded the whole form so the glue will stick to it.

Here ive mounted up the skin. I used two part epoxy hide glue on this one because of the face details. Normaly I used lanoleum floor glue. The eyes are rough on this skin and will need alot of work when dry. I had to put in a large patch in the front area as they didnt leave enough skin. I sewed in a peice from an arm.

Posts: 1057 | Location: adirondacks,NY ,USA | Registered: 30 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
Dean - That looks pretty good.

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
Dean - I doing pretty good. I've shoot a few 3d so fare with my 60#. I'm going to two this weekend (one each day) and see how I do with my 70#. But, I'm not going to try my 85# bow for a while yet.

Your Buff? If you know your ready....do it.

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote