THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    West Texas/ New Mexico Taxidermist

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

West Texas/ New Mexico Taxidermist
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I booked a Aoudad Hunt for Febuary a year ago in West Texas, in April I drew a January Oryx tag for White Sands Missile Base. I live in Oregon so my wife and I decided to make a road trip out of it.If everything goes right I hope to have a couple of Trophies, can any of AR members recommend a good taxidermist in that area?

Posts: 45 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 22 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jerry Huffaker is one of the best! He posts here regularly.

http://huffakertaxidermy.com/

Posts: 41861 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
My brother in law is a taxidermist in Grand Junction. He is reasonable and a disabled veteran, if that is of interest. Send me a PM and I can connect you.

Not sure that Grand Junction would be on your way home.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Artistic wildlife Studios, Manny Chavez , Carlsbad , New Mexico . 575-885-7301

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Robert Major in Las Cruces, NM mounts hundreds of oryx and really knows his way around them. I recommend him, as he has done several high quality mounts for my family.

majorwildlifestudio.com

Jerry Huffaker would be an excellent choice as well.

Posts: 3296 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
Jerry Huffaker is one of the best! He posts here regularly.

http://huffakertaxidermy.com/

Jerry is world class and a great guy.

Posts: 10265 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Either Jerry Huffaker in Abilene or Gary Damuth in Brady, Tx. Gary has. Mounted all 12 of my African animals and has done a masterful job. Jerry Hoover

Posts: 372 | Location: Round Rock,TX | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rob Stockwell at Hip-O Taxidermy in Alpine, TX specializes in Aoudads and probably does more than anyone else. He does good work and could also handle Oryx.

Posts: 738 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote