Find
Notify
Tools

Glue for a beak?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted
I have a goose hawk on my bookshelf that I managed to drop the other day, and a small plate of the side of the beak fell off. I think I can glue it back myself, but what kind of glue can I use? Are there glues to be avoided because of a risk of discoloring or other damages?

Regards,
Marterius

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jds
posted Hide Post
I can't see it so I can only make a suggestion based on what you said . . .

How about super glue gel? It's clear and dries quickly.

Good luck!

JDS

Posts: 655 | Location: Burleson, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
Thanks jds! I had super glue in mind myself, but I feel safer when I have asked here. It had been worse using the stuff and then posting here in a years time asking why the beak has turned green, and then being told that "every one know that super glue miscolours beaks" etc. [Smile]

Regards,
Marterius

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jds
posted Hide Post
Howdy again!

Be sure to get the "gel". The runny stuff doesn't work worth a fart in a whirlwind. The gel takes a few extra seconds to set up but that allows you to keep the glue where you want it and get the piece in place. The gel will also fill small gaps where the runny stuff won't.

Good luck.

JDS

Posts: 655 | Location: Burleson, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
Thanks again! I will make sure to use the gel!

Regards,
Marterius