New
Find
Notify
Tools

My '05 Black Bear Mount
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I picked-up my 2005 bear at the taxidermist today and I thought I give you all a look.

one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Wow... Great! Looks like a very good mount! Nice setup.. Smiler

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Exit31
posted Hide Post
Nice color.

Why shall there not be patient confidence in the ultimate justice of the people? Is there any better or equal hope in the world? Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 599 | Location: Canada, NS | Registered: 19 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hughiam
posted Hide Post
Take your vaccuum cleaner and put the hose on the blower setting. Then back blow the hair in the wrong direction. As your doing this use a hair brush to help you. It will make the hair stand up somewhat and actually make the mount look bigger. Do the legs in the same way and youd be amazed at the difference!

Congrats on a nice bear

Hugh

Pro Staff for:
In Natures Image Taxidermy

Posts: 448 | Location: Palmer, AK | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Josh K.
posted Hide Post
Very nice looking mount beer

Posts: 362 | Location: St.Louis Mo | Registered: 15 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's awesome! Congratulations!

Plinker

aim small, hit small

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks all.
Since I first posted this thread, I have worked on the mount a bit. I brushed out the fur and mounted it tighter aginst the wall, which brought up the front and leveled the branch. I am now more happy with the way it looks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello;
Nice bear and I hesitate to be critical, but I think your taxidermist did the ears, too low.
Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Critisim taken. I guess my taxidermist thought that a bear cornered on a rock ledge may be more realistic with his ears back, in a defensive type pose. I think the way he is starting to show his teeth matches his ears, too.
Considering I'm the one who has to look at him and I'm happy...it's all good.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i dont think the ears are to low for the pose, the other bear is very alert, yours looks fine with the ears that way

Posts: 206 | Location: nicholasville, KY | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The main thing is that you are happy with it.
Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote