New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Just some mounts.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Some folks just can't grasp the fact of a cape being to short because they don't have a working concept of what is requiered. I quess the same would happen to me if I was to step into one of them beauty salons, & I tell her how to do the job, & she corrects me & I don't listen.

One thing that may help ya some, that we do, is when the customer brings in his critter, that after you get his Name & address wrote down on the tag & in your book, while he/she is still there, inspect the animal in front of them. Sometimes they bring the things in & they are starting to slip because of THERE neglect, not yours. Point this out to them, & if there are several shot holes, that will need to be sewed up, any knife marks,especially the ones cutting across the hair longways, now a chopped up mess of hair, any chips out of antlers, ect.If the customer brings the speciman in while it is frozen, then write on the tag, RECEIVED FROZEN, & inform them that you will notify them if there is any problem with the animal after it has thalwed. For the most part, the hunter is an honorable individual, & usually scuffs his foot on the floor, & gives ya a sheepish grin, knowing that he my of done something that he new better to do but done it anyway. It is the one's that will feed ya crap from the start, & thinks they know more then you. They are the ones to watch out for. I would like to take his wife with beautyful hair in that beauty salon I mentioned earlier, & have a go at her hair, & after I screw it up, I'll deny that I was the one that goofed up, & make him pay for my mistake. Now the shoe is on the other foot, do ya think he will start to pay more attention in the future, or just buy his wife a wig.

Posts: 36 | Location: Swamps, of South Jersey | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shehuntz
posted Hide Post
LOL - must be the same everywhere.

Took a while but i am now 'clued in' on inspecting capes and writting every detail down before the client goes home and anything frozen is subject to inspection during thawing.
Yeah - the honest ones will admit to bad field care - but i still feel bad for them. (Gotta get over that )

Posts: 227 | Location: Australia. | Registered: 23 March 2004Reply With Quote