New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flagg Group
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I notice they are in Dallas. Anyone use them?

Posts: 13809 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jds
posted Hide Post
I've not used them but I have seen their displays at several shows in the area.

My opinion is that you could do a lot better! I'm not impressed with their work at all!

If you need someone in the DFW area, use Mike McWilliams at Modern Taxidermy. They are in Joshua, Tx, just south of Fort Worth. Here's the website:

http://www.moderntaxidermy.com/

JDS

And so if you meet a hunter who has been to Africa, and he tells you what he has seen and done, watch his eyes as he talks. For they will not see you. They will see sunrises and sunsets such as you cannot imagine, and a land and a way of life that is fast vanishing. And always he will will tell you how he plans to go back. (author: David Petzer)

Posts: 655 | Location: Burleson, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
I have used them several times over the last few years. Their last group of hogs I had done were terrible.

I wouldn't use them again.

Posts: 1311 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bo-n-aro
posted Hide Post
They have been around for many many years and they for sure have a large customer base that would have no one else do their taxidermy.
They are a very large shop with several taxidermist.

Posts: 594 | Location: Plano Texas | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One of the ladies from work said she and her husband wouldn't use anyone else.

Posts: 13809 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used them for antelope and was not at all happy with the work. I saw the shop and it is large and does have several taxidermists. The heads on the wall in the office are pitiful. I would not trust them with any hard earned trophy... it is an assembly line shop. Reminded my of a large shop in Bulawayo that just cranks em out regardless of how they look.

6x NFR Qualifier
NFR Champion
Reserve World Champion Bareback Rider
PRCA Million Dollar Club
02' Salt Lake Olympic Qualifier
and an all around good guy!

Posts: 354 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote