THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    House Plans w/ Trophy Room?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

House Plans w/ Trophy Room?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted
I am begining to draw up a floor plan for a new house and I want a designated trophy room that will serve as the hangout/entertaiment/bar, but sepearte from the livingroom or kitchen noises. Anybody have any floor plans they could share?

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
I don't have any blue prints I could share. I do have a really great one I sketched in my brain, but unless I invent something everyone needs, It won't happen. One suggestion I'll give you is dont have any windows. This will prevent the mounts from fading.

Sevens

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is not really plan related, but I think the wallcovering shown in mike416rigby's trophy room post is a really really nice way to enhance the trophies. If you haven't looked on that forum, you should.

Posts: 659 | Location: Texas | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jds
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I am begining to draw up a floor plan for a new house and I want a designated trophy room that will serve as the hangout/entertaiment/bar, but sepearte from the livingroom or kitchen noises. Anybody have any floor plans they could share?

I'm at work right now but when I get home I'll take a digital photo of my house plans and post it. If you think you like them I'll mail you a copy of the plan.

House is only 2500 sq ft but my trophy room is 19 x 23 with a 12' ceiling and a fireplace in the middle of one end.

JDS

Posts: 655 | Location: Burleson, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
jds,

That sounds perfect!

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jds
posted Hide Post
Quote:

jds,

That sounds perfect!

I went home last night and took the photo . . . uploaded it to the web, checked the link to make sure it worked, and turned the computer off! Duh!! I forgot to post it here!

Anyway, go to:

http://users.htcomp.net/jds/trophyroom.jpg

and you should see the plan. It it looks like it might work, and you want more, I'll take photos of the outside of the house so you can see the elevations and send the plan to you.

The plan shows 2401 sq ft but the house is actually 2500 because we moved the back wall of the living room out a little. I definitely recommend that as it makes the LR more comfortable.

JDS

Posts: 655 | Location: Burleson, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
jds,

I really like the plan. If it isn't too inconvienient, I'd really like to see the elevation photos. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

one of us
Picture of jds
posted Hide Post
Quote:

jds,

I really like the plan. If it isn't too inconvienient, I'd really like to see the elevation photos. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Howdy!

It's 11:00pm so the photos wouldn't work. When I get home from work tomorrow evening, I take the photos and post them.

Thanks!

JDS