Find
Notify
Tools

Otjiworongo Taxidermy
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of PIERCE288
posted
Has any one here had any experience with a Namibian Taxidermist called Otjiworongo Taxidermy?

Illegitimi non carborundum

SCI Life Member
Dallas Safari Club Life Member
NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 159 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: 30 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was in their studio in July. They skinned, dipped and shipped a leopard for me. Haven't seen the results yet.

Their work looked pretty good EXCEPT cats. I would definitely not have them do a leopard.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
My dip, pack, and ship experience with them has been good. Also correspondence with them through email has been good.

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They did my work last year, and I am very happy with the results and low price...but I do agree that the cat's looked like hell.

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been trying to pry information from them for 3-4 months on getting a shipment dip/packed and sent to no avail. They seem to be trying to keep all of the work there vs. the dip/pack end. Most e-mails they do not respond to. I don't know if its the language barrier or what. I am a taxidermist myself and have 13 clients waiting for an answer. Seems like a month is reasonable ro return an e-mail though.

Posts: 102 | Location: Queen Creek, Arizona | Registered: 16 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you might try reiser taxidermy in Windhoek.. They did my skins for plains game and I plan to use them for my leopard/giraffe later this year. The work was excellent. www.reiser@iway.na